2019 Resolutions Update

I don't have any recipes to post today - interestingly enough the hubby has been taking care of dinners lately (and I am so very ok with that!!).  That's why I haven't posted much, but to stay on top of my resolutions I'll do a quick post now...

2019 Resolutions

Finances

1. Get out of debt - minimum payment of 300/month with additional ideas and ways to increase payments listed below
- this is going well; I've managed to put more than the minimum on so far

2. Do various challenges - spending fast, pantry challenge - money saved goes on to debt
- currently challenging myself to keep groceries below $400 - I succeeded for January with a total for the month of $254.01

3. Buy second hand, no new books all year
- nothing purchased yet!

4. Do all survey receipts, petro points receipts - use points accumulated for gift cards, extras for us (a want not a need) - currently have $125.15 in petro points (started the year with $121)

5. 20 minutes a day for swagbucks surveys - use points accumulated for gift cards, extras for us (a want not a need) - currently have $67.30 in points (started the year with $61)

6. Raise money by selling things - extra money goes on to debt OR is used for extras only (a want, not a need)
- returned some stuff to Old Navy for $34 in a gift card, I'll save that for clothes for Brie
- exchanged a purse the hubby bought me for Christmas for one I liked better (and was $40 cheaper) so I have a Winners gift card to use for future purchases

7. Be diligent about price matching, frugal shopping, wasting less (food) and only buying what is needed
- so far so good

8. Reduce monthly groceries gradually & put the extra money on to debt - current budget is $400/month, lets see how low it can go
- total groceries for January was $254.01 - not bad at all!

9. Buy new car and pay down as much as possible (and get on a reasonable repayment plan) - this should be the only debt we are carrying in to 2020

Health & Wellness

1. Exercise 3x per week
- 12 out of 31 days - off to a rough start, but I have not missed a workout since Sunday and plan on keeping up the momentum

2. Minimum of 80oz of water per day
- 11 out of 31 days - also a rough start, but going to keep this up (haven't missed a day since Sunday)

3. Do various food challenges (no carbs, no sugar, no processed foods, meatless Mondays, etc)
- smoothie challenge was a good one, 5 out of 7 days. Still doing smoothies daily
- eliminating junk foods - haven't had any since last Sunday, we will see how long this goes

4. Get serious about diet/food
- I have been doing well this week and plan on keeping it up

5. Reserve drinking for weekends and/or special occasions

- so far so good

6. Read for 20mins per day

- 19 out of 31 days

7. Read one book per month

- January - The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl by Shauna Reid

8. Live in the moment - worry less (worrying means you can’t possibly be living in the moment)


9. Less nagging, more loving


10. Less judging, more enjoying time with people


And some newly added ones:

12. Blog once a week
- 4 out of 5 weeks

13. Spend more time with positive people
- can't say that I'm exactly around negative people right now so I call that a win

14. Spend more time with family

15. Get my back looked after and be pain free by the end of 2019

16. Go to the dentist regularly


Organization


1. Clean out under the basement stairs


2. Take on a minimalist approach - get rid of “stuff”, clear the clutter

- the hubby has been home from work this week and I don't know what has gotten into him but he has been clearing clutter left, right, and center! Love it!!

3. Stay on top of cleaning by doing something small daily/every other day

- haven't needed to recently, hubby has been doing ALOT of cleaning

And some pics....enjoy!!

She loves her food!

Spent the day with this sweet girl

My 18 year old got her first tattoo last week - it's a pic of her hand holding Brie's hand with a butterfly to represent Hope (Brie's middle name).  I'm honored that she asked I get a matching one, so I'm getting mine on Saturda

We've been using our air fryer almost every day - I'm a lover of chicken again.  It's amazing

Lemon chicken in the air fryer
Have a great week!

Comments