Update - New Baby, New Year, New Meal Plan, New Me!

Ok so the No Sugar November lasted until about the 2nd week when the hubby and I went out for dinner and I caved.

Then along came our newest addition, Brielle, on Nov 19th, and needless to say things have been very busy since then!!


I've made a few resolutions for 2018, and I also have a "new me" project that I am working on that I will kick off on my birthday at the end of Feb.

The resolutions I have made so far are:

1. Read a minimum of 20 mins per day
2. Read a minimum of 1 book per month
3. Drink 80oz of water per day
4. Get in a minimum of 10,000 steps daily
5. Post on this blog weekly
6. Lose the baby weight and get into the best shape of my life (I have lost 18lbs so far, 15lbs to go)

That's all for now.  I am using a goal tracker app to keep me accountable and will add to this list once I start my "new me" project.

For the weight loss I have started following the low carb (keto) meal plans on this website.  I have had great success with this in the past and I find the plans very easy to follow - the meal prep and grocery lists are done for you, and the meals are both budget and family friendly.  For exercise I am doing the youtube videos on blogilates.com as well as a minimum of 20 minutes daily on the treadmill.

So there you have it, a quick glimpse into my life.  It's busy, but great.  It's filled with poopy diapers and sleepless nights along with many firsts, smiles, and so much love. 

I'll post weekly (hopefully) and keep you updated on what I'm eating, what I'm doing, and how I'm feeling.  This blog will be about accountability for me this year, so whether anyone reads it or not doesn't really matter to me.

So much has happened to me and my family in the last year (much more than I choose to write about).  Self-improvement and self-love are long overdue.  2018 will be about living my best life. I encourage you to take the same approach.  You can never go wrong when you are focusing on being the best you possible.

xoxo



Comments