Orange-Herb Shrimp

Last week wasn't as productive as I would have liked it to be.  I had a lot going on mentally and didn't have the motivation to hit all of my goals.  Oh well, I'll try harder this week.  As much as I'd like to maintain my resolutions throughout the year, I'm not going to beat myself up if I have an off week.  I'm human and have more going on in my life then I care to share at this point, so c'est la vie!

I did make a pretty awesome dinner last night though.  I saw this shrimp recipe on instagram and thought I'd give it a try.  I didn't have any lemon, so I used orange instead, and rather then make the cute little parchment packages, I dumped everything into a baking dish.  It came out amazing, and we will definitely be having this again.

I served my portion over Nupasta (pictured below) and the hubby had his with rice.  Our teenager said she wasn't hungry, which concerned me at first, but I just learned that she ate at Five Guys Burgers before coming home last night, so all is well (kind of. I'm not overly impressed that she eats junk at every opportunity).


I've also been loving barley lately, and have been eating it with everything.  Ground beef bowls (pictured below), breakfast cereal (with some cut up apples and almond milk added), anything really.  I love the flavor and texture - it's so versatile and so great for you.

Ground beef bowl with barley, tomatoes, onions, olives, ground beef, fried egg & sriracha


Moving on to my resolutions....

1. Read a minimum of 20 mins per day - 20 out of 29 days - time to get back on track with this

2. Read a minimum of 1 book per month -
January - The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin

3. Drink 80oz of water per day - 10 out of 29 days.  No excuses here, I really need to get better

4. Get in a minimum of 10,000 steps daily - 24 out of 29 days

5. Post on this blog weekly - so far so good

6. Lose the baby weight and get into the best shape of my life - I am down a total of 21 pounds so far.  I have had a few slips, a few minor binges, but I am motivated to continue.  I refuse to be uncomfortable with my body during the warmer months, so onwards and upwards with this!

 7. Have 1 no spend week per month - This isn't going so well.  I'll keep trying but it's very difficult to plan for this with a newborn.  Diapers and formula are always needed.  Produce and milk is always wanted.  I'm hoping to get in two separate weeks for the month of February, but we will see.

8. Write for 30 mins per week - I'm still on track but haven't written yet for this week.  It's only Tuesday, I have time.

9. Get rid of 52 things - also from the same website - what a great idea to get rid of things that have been accumulated over the years and just collect dust
     1-6.  Books given to my daughter's friend, they were duplicates that I didn't need to hang on to
     7. Threw out some cleaning products and knick knacks that were under the kitchen sink
     8. Got rid of some baby clothes that we had been given by a friend - they were all boys clothes
     (since we thought we were having a boy) - I kept some neutral items and brought the rest to Once
     Upon A Child for some cash
     9. Got rid of all the old tupperware (and bought a new set - does that count?  I'm going to say yes
     because in the past I would have kept the old & the new)

10. Organize/clean 52 areas (that I wouldn't normally clean during my daily/weekly routines) 
     1. Organized my book shelves by giving away duplicate books, grouping the self-help novels               together, grouping authors together that I have huge collections of, and alphabetizing the                     remaining  books
     2. Cleaned the area underneath the kitchen sink - it was a disaster.  Now everything is organized
     and accounted for
   
11. Email or call my Grandma weekly - Doing well with this one

I'll try harder this week with some of these.  I need to organize and clean something.  I need to get rid of something.  It'll happen, I have faith :)

I'll end this post with a pic of Brie because...well, why not?  She's amazing, and I feel blessed.  I have a beautiful family and she has been such a wonderful addition to it.  I love her to pieces, we all do.


Comments