Chicken in Milk - This is a Must Try!!

I purchased a few whole chickens from the grocery store last week at a killer price, $4.00!!  I like chicken, and I know it's good for you, but I get so tired of the same old roasted chicken.

Thank goodness for Pinterest!

I came across this recipe, and decided to give it a whirl.  I have never made anything (protein-wise) in milk before, but I know it's a fairly common thing.  I'm assuming it's supposed to break down the meat and make it nice and tender, and based on the outcome of this meal, my assumption proves correct!  Thank you Jamie Oliver!

This was easy to put together, used very few ingredients, and really gave my family a bang for our buck.  The meal was amazing.  I served it with egg pancakes (if you have been reading my blog you know this is my low-carb alternative to rice or pasta) and my amazing mixed bean salad.  I LOVE making a huge batch to eat all week, and I LOVE that my family loves it too.  If I don't have to force vegetables (read: fiber) on my family, then I've scored big time.



Jamie's recipe can be found here

His recipe is super simple and straight forward, but I made a couple of changes.  I used butter instead of olive oil to brown the chicken, I left the sage out (because I didn't have any) and I used lemon juice (I didn't have any lemons).  I am 100% certain that lemon zest would have been so much tastier, but the bottled juice did the trick in a pinch.  I also made the executive decision to use a can of coconut milk rather than regular milk.  Wow was this ever good.

Enjoy!

Comments