Best Beef Dishes of 2015!

Ok folks, another addition to the 'Best of 2015" series. 

I love beef, and in my house it makes an appearance on the dinner table several times a week.  Ground beef is a magical ingredient that can be turned into anything, and steaks can be thrown on the grill in a pinch.

I especially love when Wag Jag has beef sales (particularly from the Butcher Shoppe - best supplier of beef in Toronto!!) because I am able to stock my freezer up at a killer price.

So here are my favorite beef recipes from 2015.  Try a few out and let me know what you think!






Let's start with this Homemade Hamburger Helper from A Southern Mom.  Huge hit with the kids and the wallet, and super simple.  Try this recipe and you will never buy the boxed variety again, I promise.  To amp up the health factor, I throw in chopped tomatoes and sometimes spinach.  It really depends on what I have on hand.  I've also blended up steamed cauliflower and added it to the sauce - have to get the veggies in!





Next up is Taco Pie!  Full disclosure - there is nothing healthy about this recipe.  But it's super fast to pull together, and there isn't a kid out there who doesn't love it, so you can't win every battle, mmk?  I was a little hesitant about how the 'pie crust' would come out, I thought it might be soggy, but I was wrong, it was terrific.  Try it on your cheat night...or when you just need a quick meal that everyone will love!




Moving along, we have my slow cooked Teriyaki Beef.  Although some planning ahead is required to get this meal on the table, the ingredient list is extremely short and uses pantry staples.  I usually serve this with rice and broccoli - and the gravy it makes in the slow cooker is phenomenal.  Enjoy!





Another pasta selection, and a huge hit with the family is this Creamy Beef Noodles recipe.  I wasn't sure how well this would come together the first time I made it but wow was it ever good.  I usually double the recipe (with the exception of the noodles) and eat the 'sauce' in a bowl for days.  This is another recipe with a short ingredient list that most people already have on hand.





Last up is this Beef and Squash Stew from Skinnytaste.com.  If this doesn't warm you up on a cold winter night, nothing will.  It's hearty and delicious, and cooks in your slow cooker all day.  The smell of it lovingly greets you when you come home from work.  It's divine!  In fact I'll be making a big batch this week - Canada is cold; but it's so much fun to make comfort food like this for dinner that warms you from the inside out.  I actually think I would dislike a warmer climate, because I wouldn't crave stews and soups - and who can live without stews and soups??

Hope you enjoyed this edition of 'Best of..." and I hope you try some (or all!) of the recipes!  Let me know what you think!







Comments