Best Chicken Recipes of 2015!

I've decided to join the blogging crowd with the 'best of' lists.  Ya ya I know I'm a little late - but what's that they say?  Better late than never?  Thought so.  Over the next few weeks I will post the best recipes of a specific genre...in this case, chicken.  What constitutes them as being labeled the best you ask?  Well, I say so.  My family says so.  And Pinterest agrees, so they must be the best.

Sit back and enjoy, and try a few out for yourself this year.  Happy New Year to you all!  May it be filled with love, laughter, and everything you have dreamed of!




This Orange Chicken from A Dash of Insanity is to die for.  It's fairly quick and easy, and you can switch it up - I didn't have chicken breasts so I used boneless thighs.  I've even used bone-in whole thighs and changed the cooking time.  The sauce is amazing so don't skimp; I usually double it.  Add some broccoli and rice and you have a complete meal!


If you're looking for something a little more sinful, these Korean fried chicken wings are a must.  Full disclosure - this is not a quick weeknight meal.  Plan for it, take your time, and add a little love - these babies will not disappoint.  Don't skip the vodka, it's essential in this recipe.  In fact take a shot for yourself to help calm the nerves.  Trust me.


Ahh pasta.  The ultimate in comfort.  And carbs.  Ok no, let's just focus on the comfort shall we?  This pasta trumps all others in my house.  It's Spinach Dip Chicken Pasta.  It's warm, and comforting and pretty easy to throw together, and even the pickiest eaters love it.  If you have someone in your life who doesn't like onions (like I do), blend them up after sautéing.  Delicious.


And I wouldn't be me if I didn't include a soup.  I love soups.  They are the perfect warm meal on a cold Canadian day - and believe me we have a LOT of cold Canadian days. This Creamy Chicken and Corn Chowder from Cooking Classy is by far the best chowder I have ever made, and it pops up often on our lunch and dinner table.  When I'm low carbin' it I used cauliflower instead of the potatoes.  I've even subbed sweet potatoes and it's been just as amazing.  Whip up a pot of these and curl up on the sofa, pure bliss.

So there you have it folks, the best chicken recipes (in my household) of 2015.  Enjoy!




Comments