Good Times (And Great Eats) in Spain!!

Be warned - this post has a lot of pictures!

I've been slacking on this post.  We've been back from Spain for 3 weeks, and although I continue to salivate over the food pics we took almost daily, I have yet to share them with my blog reading friends.  So here are just a few.  We have literally hundreds of pics - I may do another few posts, but at least this will give you a taste (pun intended!) of what we experienced.











All of the pics above were from the same tapas bar.  I have fallen in love with the Spanish way of eating - small high quality "bites" that you can graze on all day.  Who wouldn't want to eat all day???

The best artichokes I have ever had in my life...stuffed with prosciutto.  Like hello?

This is bacalao -  breaded fried fish with the perfect amount of seasoning.  Served with crackers in the shape of breadsticks.  YUM,

Fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, balsamic...so good

By day 3 or 4 we were dying for some greens, so we ordered a Caesar salad.   There may have been a few lettuce leaves underneath an immense amount of melted parmesan cheese, breaded fried chicken, salad dressing, and amazing (fried) croutons.  Not complaining at all.

Foie over house made jam on a baguette.  I die.

Solomillo - this is their version of a damn good steak and that it was!!!  This is typically served over roasted red peppers on a baguette.  It's our new favorite way to eat a perfect steak.

On our last day, the whole group got together to eat this paella....

...and enjoy this view.  Breathtaking.


It was an AMAZING trip with great people (that's me and the hubby)

And I had to add our sad attempt at Solomillo when we got home.  Honestly I don't think I can ever eat steak any other way again.






So there are a few pics for you to munch on.  More to come!

Comments