Chocolate Cherry Smoothie

You guys.  Like seriously, you guys.  I have become so obsessed with smoothies that I broke my blender, went it to withdrawal, and replaced it within a week.  I have a smoothie every morning for breakfast.  Every morning.  And I love them.  So I thought, why not share some of my favorite recipes with my favorite blog readers?  You can thank me later.

There is nothing better than a filling, delicious, nutritious smoothie for breakfast.  There are so many variations out there, but I have found a few that taste decadent and actually keep me full for hours.  And I am completely in love with sweetening my smoothies with dates.  Please, try this if you haven't.  Your life will be changed forever.

I hope you love this one as much as I do!!


Chocolate Cherry Smoothie
1/2 frozen banana
1/2 c frozen cherries
1/3 container soft tofu (I use sunrise - it's about 3oz)
1/2 c almond milk
1 scoop vanilla whey powder
1 T cocoa powder
2 pitted parnoosh dates
ice cubes (I use 5 or 6)

Blend and enjoy!!!  Sometimes I sub the tofu with Greek yogurt. Sometimes I leave the almond milk out and add water instead.  Sometimes I add 1/4 c of oatmeal which really thickens it up (but I'm doing a low carb thing right now, so that's been squashed for a bit).  Play around with the recipe, anything goes! 

Have a great day!



Comments