Pasta Night! Scallops with Linguine and Peas

Lately we have been eating much more pasta than I care to admit.  It's quick, it's cheap, and it goes with everything.  Except my waist line.  But that's another story for another day.

We had some very large scallops sitting in the freezer calling my name, so I threw together a simple (yet decadent) dish, and I'm so glad I did!  Hope you enjoy this quick weeknight meal as much as we did!



Scallops With Linguine & Peas (serves 2 with some pasta leftover)
1 box of pasta (I used spaghetti)
1 c frozen peas
1 T EVOO
2 T butter, divided
16 large scallops
salt & pepper
Parmesan cheese

Cook pasta until al dente, adding the peas to the boiling pasta water 4 minutes before finished. Drain and return to pot. Add the of olive oil and stir to coat the noodles. Add salt & pepper to taste, as well as 1 T butter and as much or as little parmesan as your little heart desires (I did about half a cup).  Stir well to combine. While the pasta is cooking, season the scallops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 1 T butter over medium. Cook scallops until browned on one side, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip; cook until opaque throughout, about 30 to 60 seconds more. Serve over pasta.  Delicious!

Comments