Best Biscuits EVER - and So Easy!!!

Look, here's the deal.  Usually I find recipes online and adapt them to my liking, then post them here.  It's very rare that I make something using the exact recipe that I have found.  So rare in fact, that I honestly don't think it has EVER happened.  Until now.

Listen up guys.  This is the BEST biscuit recipe I have ever found, ever made, and ever eaten.  I've already made 3 batches (in as many days) and I am blown away every time.  Every time. 

My only tip is that you can use any cheese you would like; I've used mozzarella, gouda, and cheddar - all were fantastic.  I was also thinking about some add-ins.  Maybe bacon bits, or scallions.  I don't know but this recipe is a definite keeper, and I'm going to continue to play around with it for different flavors.  Hmmm maybe a caramelized onion topping?

I can't thank Heather enough for this recipe.  You can visit her blog here - she has some amazingly delicious ideas!!!  Also be sure to read her tips - here's the summary; the key here is to ensure everything stays cold while you are preparing the recipe.  This is also mentioned in the instructions below.





Best Biscuits Ever
2 c flour (plus more for the work surface)
1 T baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp kosher salt
¾ c plain Greek yogurt
½ c cheddar cheese, shredded
½ c milk
1 egg

For the egg wash:
1 egg + 1 T water

Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.  In a large bowl whisk together the first 4 ingredients. Add the Greek yogurt and cheese into the bowl but don't combine the ingredients yet.  Place the bowl in the freezer (or fridge if you are making this ahead of time and need more than 10 minutes or so). Put milk & egg into a measuring cup, whisk, and place in the fridge while you prep the egg wash and flour your counter.  For the wash, mix the egg & water in a small bowl and set aside.  Grab everything from the freezer and fridge and combine to make a dough. Add a little flour if it seems sticky.  Turn the dough onto your floured surface and pat it down to about 3/4" thick.  Use the top of a glass to create circles and place on baking sheet.  For Heather's amazing biscuits, double up the rounds without patting them together.  Just place one round on top of the other.  brush the tops with the egg wash and bake for about 14 minutes.  Serve warm.  These are even great heated in the microwave a couple of days later.

So good.  So simple.  Go make them - now!


Comments