Turkey Spinach Korma

Thanks to my latest wagjag grocery splurge, I have quite a bit of extra lean ground turkey on hand.  I normally use it for my egg-white muffins ( a variation of my mini frittatas but I use egg whites, lean ground meat, and whatever veggies I can find) since I eat these as an afternoon snack daily. Today though, I was on the lookout for a healthy dinner to use some of it up.  Something easy that I could add to the menu rotation.  I do believe I found a winner with this recipe.  It's quick to put together, kid-friendly, healthy, and was a hit with the family, so it's a winner in my books.  Thanks Food Network for another great weeknight meal!







Turkey Spinach Korma
1 large onion chopped
1 2” piece ginger peeled & chopped
3 cloves garlic
1 T curry powder
Salt
¾ c plain low-fat yogurt plus more for serving
2 T veg oil
1 lb 99% lean ground turkey
1 10oz pkg chopped frozen spinach, thawed & squeezed dry
¼ c fresh cilantro chopped plus more for topping
3 c cooked brown rice for serving

Puree half of the onion, 2 T water, the ginger, garlic, curry powder and ½ tsp salt in the food processor until almost smooth.  Set aside.  Mix yogurt with ¼ c water, set aside.  Heat veg oil in large skillet over high heat.  Add remaining onion & cook 3 minutes.  Add turkey and cook until lightly browned, 3 minutes.  Add onion-spice mixture and cook until dry, 4 minutes.  Reduce heat to low and stir in spinach and yogurt mixture.  Cook until warmed through, 3 minutes.  Stir in cilantro and ¼ tsp salt.  Serve over rice with more yogurt and top with cilantro.

Per serving (4):
453 calories
11g fat
55g carbs
6g fiber
38g protein

Comments