Barbecue Baconloaf Buns

As many of you know, I love a meal that can be done in a muffin tin.  So portable, so easy, so delicious!  When I saw this recipe in my Food Network Magazine, I knew I had to try it.  I didn't want them to be served as burgers though, so you can omit the "buns" from the title for my version.

I served these mini "meatloaves" alongside some steamed broccoli, and they were a hit!




Barbecue Baconloaf Buns
1 lb bacon chopped
½ yellow onion minced
1 lb ground beef (I used ground bison)
1 c panko
1 c grated aged cheddar
2 large eggs, beaten
½ c bbq sauce plus more for serving
2 T chopped parsley
Salt & pepper
Cooking spray
Salted butter, for buns (I left out)
12 slider buns, split (I left out)
Sliced dill pickles for topping (I left out)

Cook bacon in skillet over medium  until crisp, 8 minutes.  Remove with slotted spoon.  Pour off all but 1 Tbsp of the drippings.  Add onion and sauté until soft, 8 minutes.  Preheat oven to 375.  Combine bacon, onion, next 3 ingredients, 2 Tbsp bbq sauce and parsley in large bowl.  Season with salt & pepper and mix with your hands.  Spray 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.  Pat meat into each muffin cup to just below the top and spread ½ Tbsp bbq sauce on each one.  Bake 12-15 minutes, let cool in pan.  Meanwhile butter the buns and toast cut-side down in skillet over medium-high.  Sandwich meatloaves on buns; top with pickles and serve with extra bbq sauce.

Comments