Overnight Wonder - What A Wonder It Is!!

This meal truly is a wonder.  It's amazing.  I will never understand how throwing such simple ingredients together and letting them sit over night makes them magical.  How does that work?  I don't know, and honestly I don't care.

This recipe has been in my family for a few years now.  I don't know where I got it, but I bless the soul of the brilliant person who came up with this one.

I couldn't snap a picture of if before it was half eaten, so it wouldn't have looked very appetizing, but the next time I make it, I will add a picture to this post.

You have to let this sit over night.  No cutting corners.  Trust me.

Overnight Wonder
8oz noodles (and shape will do)
1 lb ground meat (I use beef or bison)
1 can tomato sauce
salt & pepper
8oz cottage cheese (I use fat free)
8oz cream cheese (I use fat free)
1/4 c sour cream (I use fat free)
1/3 c minced onion
1/4 c chopped red pepper
2 T margarine




Cook noodles and drain.  Saute meat.  Stir in tomato sauce.  Add salt & pepper to taste.  Combine next 5 ingredients in a bowl.  Layer casserole as follows: ½ the noodles, cheese mixture, remaining noodles, margarine, meat mixture.  Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours but preferable over night.  Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.

SO good.  Serve this with a quick salad, and enjoy!


Comments