Pasta With Italian Sausage And Pumpkin Sauce

The original recipe for this came from All Recipes, which is a great site for inspiration.  I only made a few changes, and they are in brackets below.  The family loved this and we ate leftovers for days.  It was such a hit, and it's such a healthy meal; I can't wait to make it again.

Don't let the pumpkin puree throw you off - give this recipe a try, you'll love it!

I couldn't get a picture thanks to the record amount of time it took to inhale this, but when I make it again, I'll be sure to add one.



Pasta With Italian Sausage and Pumpkin Sauce
1 lb bulk Italian sausage(I used ground pork)
½ onion diced
4 garlic diced
1 pkg pasta (16oz)
1 can pumpkin puree (15oz)
1 can chicken broth (14.5oz)
½ c half and half (I used fat free evaporated milk)
½ c sour cream (I used fat free)
½ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp cinnamon
Salt & pepper
1 T parmesan
¼ tsp Italian seasoning
(I also added a bag of spinach to the sauce at the end and red pepper flakes)

Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium-high until browned, 10 minutes.  Drain excess grease.  Stir in onion & garlic and cook 5 minutes.  Cook pasta al dente as per package directions.  Stir next 7 ingredients into sausage and cook 5 minutes, until thick and creamy.  Combine pasta and sauce in a large pot and stir until heated through, 4-5 minutes.  Serve topped with parmesan and Italian seasoning.

Comments