Chinese Pork Chops

This is my go-to recipe for pork chops.  I've also used it for lamb chops, and veal chops.  It's a great base recipe and you can add anything you would like into it to make it more to your liking - chili flakes for spice, sesame oil for a little bit of a stronger taste, or chopped fresh garlic and ginger instead of powders.

The original recipe says to grill the chops, but I usually pan-fry them, or even throw them in the oven.

Enjoy!




Chinese Pork Chops
½ c soy sauce
¼ c brown sugar
2 T lemon juice
1 T veg oil
½ tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp garlic powder
6 pork chops

(I usually double or triple the ingredients above, excluding the chops, because I like to have sauce for my rice, which is what I serve it with).

In a bowl mix all ingredients (except chops).  Set some aside for marinating during cooking.  Pierce chops with fork on both sides and place in a Ziploc bag with the marinade.  Chill 6-8 hours, or overnight.  Preheat grill to high heat.  Lightly oil grill grate.  Discard marinade and grill chops 6-8 minutes per side, marinating often with reserved sauce.

Comments