Amazing Chicken & Sun-Dried Tomato Cauliflower With Cheese

The name of this chicken is "amazing" chicken, and that's truly what it is.  I believe it's a Hellmann's recipe but I've been using it for so many years that I can't be sure.  Healthy, it is not, but fast, super easy, and delicious, it certainly is.



Amazing Chicken
Chicken (any cut - I used legs this time, but I've used everything)
Mayo & milk mixed (about 2 T mayo to ½ c milk)
Cornstarch mixed with your preferred seasonings (seasoning salt, pepper, paprika, etc)
Bread crumbs or panko

Preheat oven to 425.  Mix milk and mayo together to form paste.  Dip chicken in cornstarch, then mayo mixture, then breadcrumbs.  Cook 40 minutes on foil lined baking sheet.

I served this with a sort of cauliflower casserole - again, I have no idea where I got this recipe but it's easy enough to prepare while the chicken is in the oven, and it's the only way my daughter will eat cauliflower.






Sun-Dried Tomato Cauliflower Cheese

1 cauliflower cut in florets
1 T butter
2 garlic cloves minced
2 ½ T flour
1 ½ c milk
¼ c thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes
½ tsp paprika (I used smoked)
¼ tsp pepper
¾ c shredded old cheddar

In large pot of boiling water, boil cauliflower 7 minutes.  Drain and set aside.  Meanwhile in small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.  Saute garlic 1 minute.  Whisk flour into milk; gradually pour into pan, whisking constantly.  Stir in tomatoes, paprika, and pepper.  Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes, until thick and bubbly.  Remove from heat and stir in half the cheese until melted.  Pour over cauliflower in a serving dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese.

*I threw the dish into the oven for about 8 minutes at 425 just to brown the top and allow the sauce to melt and distribute evenly





Comments