Thai Coconut Chicken Simmer


Here’s a simple and fast dinner recipe that I adapted from Canadian Living Magazine.  I can always count on them to offer fairly quick and easy dinners that I can get on the table for my family in a rather short period of time.  With soccer, karate, zumba, and ice skating, my family is always on the go – rushing from one activity to the next, and trying to eat something healthy in between.  Recipes like this one make life just a little bit less stressful. 

I served this with rice and a simple salad.  Enjoy!




Thai Coconut Chicken Simmer
1lb boneless chicken thighs (I used bone-in; doesn’t really matter)
Salt & pepper
1 T oil
2 shallots thinly sliced
1T ginger
1 T Thai green curry paste (I used red – see my previous post on curries for more info)
2 garlic minced
1 can coconut milk

Season chicken with salt & pepper.  Heat oil in skillet over medium-high and brown chicken, turning once, for 5 minutes.  Transfer to a plate.  Add the next 5 ingredients and cook 2 minutes.  Stir in milk and chicken, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.

That’s it! 

Comments