Slow Cooker (or not) Sweet and Sour Beef

I had some cubed beef in the freezer that I needed to use up, and I had a great recipe for it that seemed easy enough, but it was for the slow cooker.  So I decided to make it sans the slow cooker.  It turned out to be a wonderful, easy, quick dish.  I'll give you the slow cooker version below, but as always, I will add in brackets what I did differently.  Enjoy!






Slow Cooker Sweet & Sour Beef
2 lbs cubed beef
2 T veg oil
2 cans tomato sauce (I used 1 can)
2 c sliced carrots (I didn't have any so I left these out)
2 small onions cut in wedges
1 large green pepper cut in 1" pieces (I used red peppers)
1/2 c molasses
1/3 c cider vinegar
1/4 c sugar
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt

In a large skillet, brown the meat in the oil.  Transfer to the slow cooker.  Add in remaining ingredients and stir well.  Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.  Serve over rice.

Easy enough - but unfortunately I didn't have the time to use a slow cooker, so I browned the meat, and then added the ingredients and simmered for about half an hour.  It was delicious, and it doesn't get any easier then this!

Comments