Balsamic Honey Chicken Legs With Parmesan Spaghetti Squash

Chicken legs are so quick and easy, and so versatile - they carry flavors well and really, anything goes.  I threw together these balsamic honey legs in a pinch, and added the perfect low carb side dish, spaghetti squash!


For the chicken legs, I seasoned them with seasoning salt and pepper, and roasted them in the oven at 350 for about 40 minutes.  I also had my (whole) squash in there, after being in the microwave for 5 minutes to soften it up a bit.  While those babies were cooking, I made the sauce for my chicken.  I brought 2 cups of chicken stock to a boil, and added 1/2 a cup each of balsamic vinegar and honey.  I let that simmer on low until the chicken was done, and the sauce had thickened.

Once the squash was done, I took it out of the oven, cut it in half, scraped the seeds out, and scraped the flesh into a hot pan.  I added shredded parmesan, and tossed everything together, then at the last minute I added some cherry tomatoes.  I added salt and pepper, and voila!

For the chicken, once taken out of the oven, pour the sauce over top and serve with the squash.  Easy, healthy and delicious!

Oh and there is also baked plantain in the pic - we had some leftovers from another dinner.  Send me a message if you'd like to know how to make them, but they are super simple and you can find many easy ways of preparing them online.

Comments