The Best Dessert Recipes of 2015 - Some are healthy, some far from it; take your pick!

It's time for another round up of 2015 recipes, this time I'm talking about dessert - yum! 

It seems that healthy recipes have been trending lately, especially the kind that use beans instead of fat, or alternatives to white flour for the low carb/high protein craze (which I'm proudly a part of, by the way).  The first two recipes below are healthier alternatives, and completely delicious.  My family didn't even notice that they were good for you.  The rest of the recipes are indulgent and should be eaten all the time because they are that good in moderation.  Consider yourself warned.  Enjoy!


First up are these wickedly good brownie cookies, made with black beans.  They are so moist and rich your kids will have no idea that they are getting protein and fiber with every bite.  I promise.
Head on over to Elizasedibles.com for some more great recipes.


Next are these peanut butter chickpea blondies from Thehonoursystem.com.  They are pure bliss...I couldn't stop eating them.  But guess what?  I didn't care.  Because they are healthy(ish)!



Now imagine a moist, delicious cake that has no eggs, butter or milk in it.  This Crazy Cake from Sweetlittlebluebird.com is exactly that.  I was skeptical at first, as I'm sure you must be, but this cake came together in a flash with minimal ingredients, and tasted like Duncan Hines made it himself.  There are a ton of variations on the site as well - all kinds of flavors to try. This recipe is a definite winner.


You haven't lived until you try this carrot cake.  I couldn't believe how good it was, and was damn proud of myself for making it.  I'm not a fancy dessert type of person - layer cakes are definitely not my thing.  But wow.  Just wow.  This cake was unreal.  It's not an easy recipe but it's well worth the time invested.  Trust me.


Lastly is my holiday baking assortment.  There's something for everyone here - Nutty Chocolate Mallow Bars, Peppermint Fudge, Peanut Dollies, Double Chocolate Truffles, Millionaire Shortbread Bars, Lime Coconut Squares, and Smores Rice Krispy Squares - all so good!

So there it is, the best desserts of 2015 - try them all, and let me know what you think!

Comments