Artichoke Chicken Thighs - Easy And Delicious!

I found this sitting in my drafts....and older post, but a great one!

So, my daughter got in to some teenage trouble (nothing serious) and she has been grounded for the month of July.  Lucky for me, she was so bored that she began cooking dinners - yay!  It has been my job to email her the recipe for dinner the evening before, and then she preps and cooks.  It's been fantastic, but for her first couple of recipes I had to make sure they were pretty easy while still being delicious.  This one definitely fit the bill! 

This recipe was adapted from Shazzy's Sass website (thank you!) - her recipe is fantastic, but I had to add a few unhealthy ingredients in order to make it appealing for my family.  I would have loved her recipe though, I'm sure.

Enjoy this super simple pantry recipe any busy weeknight - it's perfect for busy families (and new cooks!)


Artichoke Chicken Thighs
8 chicken thighs
Artichoke hearts in water, quartered
1 onion sliced
4 slices thick bacon, microwaved on paper towel until crispy (3 1/2 mins for my microwave) and chopped
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup shredded smoked cheese (gouda, cheddar, etc)
Salt and Pepper
Oil for greasing dish

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking dish that fits your thighs well (snugly, no overlapping) and grease with oil.  Place 1/2 of onion slices and half of the artichoke hearts on the bottom of the pan.  Place thighs on top, and coat them evenly with salt and pepper.  Place the rest of the onions and artichokes on top, and sprinkle with bacon pieces, and then cheese. Bake for 40 minutes, then switch your oven to broil and keep the chicken in there until brown and bubbly, about 8 minutes.  Enjoy with your favorite side dish!  We had this with sautéed kale - we just chopped some kale up and sautéed it in olive oil with chili flakes, chopped garlic, and a dash of red wine vinegar - delicious!

    Comments