Curried Beef And Potatoes

It was super hot on Sunday so the last thing I wanted to do was turn on the oven.  I went through my trusty list of slow-cooker recipes, and settled on this one.  It was a great choice, and we had leftovers for days.  This is a super simple recipe that uses ingredients you likely already have on hand.

Enjoy!


Curried Beef & Potatoes
1 beef roast cut into chunks
3-4 russet potatoes cut in chunks
1-2 sweet potatoes cut in chunks (optional - I had some to use up)
2 Tbsp curry powder
2 tsp ground cumin
2 Tbsp finely chopped peeled ginger
3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1 slice of bread torn into pieces (I used whole wheat, or you can use naan) plus more naan for serving if you choose)
1 can diced tomatoes
2-3 chopped chili peppers (or to taste, I used about 4)
1 1/4 cups fresh cilantro

Throw everything in the slow cooker (except cilantro) and stir to ensure the meat & potatoes are evenly coated.  Cook on low for 6-7 hours.  Garnish with cilantro.  You can serve this over rice, or enjoy it with naan.  I ate mine straight out of a bowl on it's own, but that's because I'm doing the low-carb thing and it was bad enough that I had potatoes!

That's it!  Yes, it's that easy.  A perfect Sunday dinner without having to put in the Sunday dinner effort!!


Comments