Healthy & Delicious Flourless Brownies!

I have been seeing so much black bean and chickpea hype on Pinterest lately that I decided I had to give a recipe a try.  These brownies are made with pureed black beans, and although they do taste slightly different than a normal, full fat brownie, my family gobbled them up and enjoyed them just the same!  Plus they got the added benefit of fiber, protein and very little fat! I added bananas to the recipe because I had a few overripe ones that had seen better days.

I must admit, I was skeptical at first, but I am now a believer.  Next up, I will try cookie dough hummus.  I am so intrigued!







Healthy Brownies
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 eggs
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 c cocoa powder
3/4 c sugar
1/2 teaspoon oil
1T milk
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp of freshly ground coffee or instant coffee
1 c chocolate chips, divided


Preheat the oven to 350° F.  Grease a 9x13 baking pan.  Blend all ingredients except chocolate chips in a blender until smooth.  Fold in 1/2 cup chocolate chips until combined.  Pour the brownie batter into pan.  Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips evenly over the top of the brownies.

Bake about 30 minutes.  Let cool, slice, and eat!

Comments