Creamy Sundried Tomato Chicken & Pasta

I love sun-dried tomatoes.  I can literally eat them straight out of the jar, and if I'm not careful that jar will be empty in minutes.  Honestly.  My daughter doesn't enjoy them as much, but she did enjoy this meal.  Full disclosure - she picked the tomatoes off, but licked her plate clean.  The BF loved it.  I did too.

This was an adaptation of a recipe I found over at Damned Delicious.  If you haven't checked out this blog before, please do.  I discovered it a few months back and have made a ton of Chungah's recipes, with my own little tweaks.  She focuses on great food that can be easily made with simple ingredients.  Love it.



Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Chicken & Pasta
8 chicken breasts (or thighs, legs, skinless, skin-on, whatever you want)
salt & pepper
4 T butter divided
4 cloves garlic minced
1 T chili flakes (less if you don't like spicy, more if you do)
1 c chicken broth
3/4 c fat free evaporated milk
1/3 c sun-dried tomatoes coarsely chopped
1/4 c parmesan grated
basil (I used 1 T of the basil in a tube)
NOTE - when making this again, I think I will add goat cheese to the sauce portion and let it melt in, as well as bacon, but I would remove the salt and use less tomatoes, since the bacon will add more of a salty flavor



Preheat oven to 400.  Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste.  You can also add some garlic powder & paprika.  Melt 2 T butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.  Add chicken (skin side down if your chicken has skin on it) and sear until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.  Remove from pan and set aside.  Add remaining butter and saute garlic and chili flakes for about a minute, until fragrant.  Stir in broth, evaporated milk, tomatoes, Parmesan and basil.  Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer about 8 minutes, until slightly thickened.  Return chicken to the skillet.  Place in the oven and cook 25 minutes.  Serve over pasta of your choice. 

Comments