The Absolute Best Carrot Cake - I Kid You Not

I've been known to exaggerate a bit.  I've been labelled as a bit of a drama queen at times.  It's ok, I own it.  But let me tell you, when I say this is the BEST carrot cake recipe EVER I'm telling the truth.

This cake came about over a challenge.  My hubby mentioned that no one bakes a better carrot cake than his aunt.  This statement set the wheels in motion...and on the weekend I participated in a  "carrot cake-off".  Of course, I was the only physical contender, but the man of the house judged my cake based on what he was used to eating from his dear aunt.

I don't think I have to say it, but I will anyways.  I won!  And I did it with this recipe.  Honestly - the best. cake. ever.  Like EVER!!!!

Enjoy!







The BEST Carrot Cake EVER
1 1/3 c veg oil
1 c sugar
1 c brown sugar
6 eggs
1 T vanilla extract
3 1/4 c flour
1 T cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 lb grated carrots
Cream Cheese Frosting:
3 (8 oz.) bricks cream cheese, room temperature
1 c (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 T vanilla extract
6 cups powdered sugar



Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray two 9" round pans with Pam.  Mix the first 3 ingredients in a large bowl until smooth. Add in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla, and mix until smooth.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining dry ingredients until combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined. Fold in the carrots. Pour the batter into prepared pans and bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  Once the cakes are cool, level them off with a large knife or cake leveler.  To make the frosting, beat together the first three ingredients until smooth.  Slowly add in the powdered sugar and beat until combined.  Than, frost your cake, eat it, and love it!



Comments