Sweet Potato & Cauliflower Soup

This recipe was my own creation and came about because of some almost-rotting sweet potatoes, and some sad looking cauliflower in the fridge.  For both, their days were numbered, and I knew I had to use them in a recipe, or dump them.

I love making big pots of soup on Sundays and portioning it out for lunches all week, so I created a lovely soup recipe to solve my veggie dilemma, and it was great!









Sweet Potato & Cauliflower Soup
6 c chicken broth + 2 c water
1 large head cauliflower chopped
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 large onion chopped
Salt & pepper
Seasoning salt (to taste)
Nutmeg (to taste)
Cayenne (to taste)

Throw everything in a pot, bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer 20-45 minutes (your choice, I just find it easier to simmer longer so that I can puree everything quickly at the end).  Let cool slightly and then puree with an immersion blender, or your counter top blender.

Comments