Cabbage Casserole - Super Fast Meal!

I came across this recipe while reading the blog of my absolute hero.  It's called Runs For Cookies.  She has no idea that I exist, but I came across her a few months ago and have been slowly working my way through her posts, from 2009-present.  You can check her out here.  Take the time to read her story - she is so inspirational and she has literally changed my life.  She's amazing.

I love cabbage rolls, but hate the prep work that goes in to them, so they are a very rare treat in my home.  When I saw this easy recipe, I was thrilled!  Why did I not think of this before?  It's somewhat of a deconstructed cabbage roll recipe, and was a huge hit with the family.  It definitely fits into my budget since it has 5 ingredients total and they are all very inexpensive, and the leftovers lasted us for days.

Hope you enjoy this as much as we did!





Cabbage Casserole
1 head cabbage
1 lb ground beef
1 onion chopped
1 can condensed tomato soup
salt & pepper
cooked rice for serving

Remove core from cabbage and coarsely chop the whole head.  In skillet cook beef and onion until beef is browned.  Spread half of the cabbage in a large casserole dish.  Cover with meat mixture.  Top with remaining cabbage - pack it down, it will shrink.  Pour soup over top.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Cover and bake at 350 for 75 minutes.  Serve over rice.

This was so great, and so simple.

Thank you SlimKatie!!!

Comments