Naan Pizzas


Tonight my ever-so-thoughtful BF decided to make dinner since I was at my zumba class and wouldn’t be home until after 8:00.  He’s quite adventurous in the kitchen (among other rooms in the house lol) and he never really follows a recipe.  This is quite different from my style of cooking since I use recipes and just change them to my liking.  Tonight he made a sort of Indian-inspired pizza, if you will, and it was delicious!

Unfortunately I didn’t snap a picture before eating a slice; I just couldn’t resist!  So you’ll have to live with pictures I found on the web - sorry!  The recipe doesn’t have precise measurements, but you can get an idea of what went into it.  Send me a note if you have any questions.  Enjoy!







Naan Pizza
Naan bread
Hummus (he made his own – about 1/4c tahini with a can of chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, salt & pepper - throw into the blender with some water to make a paste.  He also added a little cumin & curry powder)
Bacon chopped & cooked crisp (he used 3 pieces for our 2 pizzas)
Old cheddar, shredded (enough to cover the 2 pizzas – he used light cheese)
Roasted eggplant (we had some leftover in the fridge, so he chopped it up and put it on the pizza)
Ricotta cheese (he used PC Blue Menu light)

To assemble – spread the hummus on the pizza, than the cheddar cheese, chopped bacon, chopped eggplant, dot with ricotta.  Place it under your broiler in the oven until melted and bubbly (about 5 minutes).  That’s it! 

It was so good and so easy – it’s amazing how ingredients you have on hand can come together quickly and in new & fresh ways.  Thanks lovey for making a wonderful dinner!

Comments