Salt & Vinegar Chicken

This is a slightly odd recipe and it threw me off when I first saw it, but I had some chicken thighs in the fridge begging to be cooked, and not a lot of time to throw the meal together, so I figured what the heck.  I served this with rice and a simple side salad.  My only words of wisdom is to discard of the marinade once finished cooking.  I left mine in a bowl to the side, and I had company over.  They thought it was gravy and drowned their rice in it.  This sauce is SALTY.  It was pretty embarrassing.  Oh well.

I also made the instant Swiss Chalet sauce to serve over the chicken - I love this sauce, and I love the fact that you can recreate it in your own home with some water and the powder packet.  Genius.




Salt & Vinegar Chicken
2 c cider vinegar
1 c veg oil
1 egg lightly beaten
3 tsp salt
1 tsp poultry seasoning
8 chicken thighs
I added other seasonings, see below

In a large bowl mix the first 5 ingredients. I also added garlic powder, smoked paprika, a pinch of cayenne, seasoning salt instead of regular salt, and onion powder.  Add chicken, cover & chill at least 1 hour.  Preheat oven to 350.  Arrange chicken in baking dish with 1/4 of the marinade (I used it all).  Bake 30 minutes, drain off marinade, continue cooking 15 minutes (I cooked it for another 30 to get nice and crispy).

Enjoy!

Comments