Baked Eggs In Whole Roasted Tomatoes & Zucchini Sticks

Another meatless meal...

This one was so simple and used pantry ingredients - it was one of the quickest meals I have ever put together and it was enjoyed by the entire family.  Check out the recipes below - it can't get any easier then this!  Thank you to Whole Living and Kraft for making my life that much easier!!


Baked Eggs In Whole Roasted Tomatoes
6 large tomatoes
2 T EVOO
salt & pepper
1 T thyme leaves (I left this out)
2 garlic thinly sliced (I used garlic powder)
6 large eggs

Heat oven to 400.  Slice top third off tomatoes and use a small spoon to remove the core and seeds.  Arrange in a baking dish (I used a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up) and drizzle with oil (I used canola spray) - sprinkle with salt & pepper.  Sprinkle with thyme & garlic.  Roast until tender and caramelized, 30 minutes.  Crack an egg into each tomato and season with salt & pepper.  Bake until eggs are just set, 7-9 minutes.

Per tomato - 150 calories, 10g fat, 8g carbs, 8g protein, 3g fibre






Kraft Baked Zucchini Sticks
1 pouch shake n' bake extra crispy (I used No Name)
1 T minced fresh parsley (I let this out)
1 egg
1 T water
4 zucchini cut crosswise in half then quartered lengthwise
1/4 c ranch dressing (I used fat free)

Heat oven to 400.  Mix coating and parsley on plate.  Beat egg & water in shallow dish until well blended (I threw them in a large ziploc bag).  Dip zucchini sticks in egg, then coating mixture (so I threw them in the bag with the wet, then threw them in the bag with the dry).  Place in a single layer on a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray (again, my baking sheet was lined with parchment for easy clean up).  Bake 20 minutes or until crisp tender and golden brown.  Serve with dressing to dip.




Comments