Slow Cooker Pork (Carnitas) - A Unique, Delicious, and EASY Recipe!

I guess you can call this dish Carnitas, although the meat isn't fried after being cooked. The seasonings are similar, and so is the presentation, but it isn't Carnitas in the true sense of the word.

In my family, we call this "Mom's Pork Roast Recipe" because that's what it is.  I have no idea where the original recipe came from, but it's a staple in our home, both for the ease of the preparation and the outstanding taste.  There are always leftovers for days, and no complaints in my home when I make this for dinner!

I guarantee you this is the simplest, fastest recipe you will ever make - and it's just oh so good!  Enjoy!!



Mom’s Pork Roast

Pork butt or shoulder
2 cinnamon sticks
Whole garlic head (head cut off)
Pinch salt
Can of condensed milk
16 oz cola

Throw everything in the slow cooker and cook on high for 5 hours.  Shred with 2 forks – serve in flour tortillas with cilantro, red onion, and salsa.

Comments